As an ASBH member, you can add your name to a speaker database that will be available to the media who contact ASBH from time to time seeking expert opinion. The database will also be available to other members of the public who are looking for a speaker.
If you are interested in being contacted directly by members of the public seeking your expertise, you can choose to be included in this new database by following these steps:
1. Login to the ASBH member database.
2. Make sure your credentials and other demographic information is correct:
- Click on Profile & Demographics
- Click Edit in the top right corner of the first box.
- Select your credentials from the list on the left.
- Verify your credentials in the box on the right and click Save.
- Edit Area of Expertise, Professional Discipline, and Primary Work Setting under Demographics if necessary.
3. Make sure your contact information is correct:
- Click on Contact Information to edit your main phone number and email address as you want to share them with the public.
4. Make sure your institutional affiliation is correct:
- Click on Addresses.
- Click on the small blue “Add Address.”
- For address type, choose the “Office” option from the drop-down list.
- Enter the required information, then click “Find Company.”
- If your institution appears on the screen, use the radio button to select it, then click Continue. If your institution is not found, click Continue.
- Once you confirm that your information is correct, click “Save.”
- Click “Include in Public Directory.”
If you need assistance in updating your profile and contact information, call ASBH Member Services at 847-375-4745, 8 am – 6 pm Central Time.